School Development Plan
Development Plan 2017 - 2018
The purpose of the School Development Plan is to highlight the areas identified as requiring improvement and to provide actions to improve them.
The priorities identified in our School Development Plan have arisen from:
- Our previous Ofsted report of March 2016 (see below)
- Our self-evaluation (SEF)
- Pupil questionnaires
- Parent/Carer questionnaires
- Staff questionnaires and appraisal
- Local and national initiatives
- Pupil achievement
Key recommendations from previous Ofsted Inspection (March 2016)
- Leaders provide more detailed feedback to teachers about how well different groups of pupils are doing in their lessons
- All teachers use the information they gather about how well pupils are learning to help them move on in the next lesson
- All teachers give feedback to pupils, in lessons and against their work, that is sharply focused on what they need to do to improve
- Plans to improve the early years outdoor area are implemented so activities outdoors can match the quality of those indoors.
Development Plan Priorities 2017-2018
|Priority 1:||To improve the effectiveness of leadership and management|
|Priority 2:||To improve the quality of teaching, learning and assessment|
|Priority 3:||To improve personal development, behaviour and welfare|
|Priority 4:||To improve outcomes for pupils|
|Priority 5:||To improve the effectiveness of the early years provision|
|Priority 6:||To develop the distinctive Christian nature of the school|
|Priority 7:||To develop and maintain the School building and grounds|
Further areas for development:
Development of the science curriculum and opportunities for children to engage in investigative work.
Each priority within the School Development Plan will be monitored and reviewed by named staff and governors in line with the School’s Monitoring Plan.
Monitoring reports will be shared with staff and governors and the Development Plan actions will be reviewed and updated every term.
The School Development Plan is a working document and therefore may be amended or added to at any stage as our priorities change.